KidSTART @ Tasek Jurong
Tasek Jurong has been appointed by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) as the Social Service Agency supporting the KidSTART programme in the Taman Jurong and Boon Lay regions.
KidSTART helps children aged 0 to 6 years from low-income families to have a good start in life. It empowers families to build strong foundations for their children. The programme is provided free of charge.
Under KidSTART, we provide support for the child’s development, coordinate and strengthen holistic services for families where needed, and monitor the developmental progress of children from birth onwards.
Parents on KidSTART will be guided with skills and knowledge on how their children can benefit from warm and nurturing relationships, achieve age-appropriate and holistic child development, and have a safe and secure home environment to grow up in.
- Singapore citizen children aged up to 6 years old
- Gross monthly household income of $2,500 and below or per capita income of $650 and below
- Staying in regions served by KidSTART (Kreta Ayer/Bukit Merah, Taman Jurong/Boon Lay, Bedok/Geylang Serai, Woodlands/Sembawang, Ang Mo Kio/Yishun, Choa Chu Kang, Bukit Panjang and Bukit Batok)
KidSTART supports children in their development, health and well-being across familiar settings:
KidSTART @ Home
Support in a home setting for pregnant mothers and children from new-born to 3 years old. There would be:
- Regular home visits to guide parents with skills and practical knowledge in the areas of early childhood development, health and nutrition and
- Regular screening of the child’s growth and maternal well-being to ensure early intervention if needed.
KidSTART @ Community
Weekly support playgroup sessions for young children from 1 to 3 years old. This provides new opportunities for KidSTART parents to bond with their child and make friends with other parents with young children. Parents would be guided with strategies on how to engage their children meaningfully in a community playgroup setting. There would be fun activities to help prepare the child with skills and knowledge useful for preschool.
KidSTART @ Preschool
In selected preschools, additional resources are provided to support KidSTART families. A dedicated KidSTART practitioner would:
- Engage parents on child growth, development, health and nutrition,
- Monitor and tackle obstacles to child’s attendance and school readiness and
- Help with preschool enrolment
KidSTART @ Tasek Jurong
1 Yung Sheng Road
Tel: 6266 2826
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm